ORDER CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS & DELIVERIES POLICY
ORDER CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS & DELIVERIES POLICY
The following applies prior to you receiving your order…
Please ensure all details are correct when placing your order (including product and checkout options) as change requests may incur a $10 ADMIN FEE.
The price of our product is based on us receiving your order and working diligently to create and decorate your order to the highest standard without requiring additional administration. We get a very high number of orders daily and put all our attention into the fulfilment of those orders. If changes need to be made to your order it will require multiple tasks and changes to production from our end to action.
For cancellations more than 72 hours prior to your pick up/delivery date -
We do not give refunds – instead you will be emailed an online Bluebells credit voucher, at our discretion, for the full, equal value of the original order.
For cancellations less than 72 hours prior to your pick up/delivery date -
No refunds or credits will be issued.
- The administration that has already occurred in processing your order.
- Our production calendar fills up quickly on a first-come, first-served basis. If you cancel, your order has taken up slot that could have been filled by another customer.
- We will have already committed resource to your order including ingredients and labour preparation.
- Your product is being ‘made to order’ which means we are unable to sell these products elsewhere.
Should you need to cancel your order for any reason, please do so as soon as possible by EMAIL at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your order number.
ORDER COLLECTION & DELIVERY:
Once your order has been collected from us, customers must accept all responsibility for the transportation of it. We cannot give compensation if there is damage during or after transit. We always advise customers the best way to transport products, but it is ultimately the customer’s responsibility to exercise extreme care when moving, transporting, storing and serving.
We have our own team that deliver around the greater Auckland region. We do this to ensure we can deliver products in the best manner possible. If however, there has been an issue, please contact us as soon as possible so we can rectify the issue for you.
If the recipient is not home and no contact can be made, and if there is no safe/dry location to leave your order, we will bring the product(s) back to our Kingsland cafe. We will do our best to follow up with you as to the next step for collection or re-delivery. Please note there will be an additional charge to re-deliver. If we are unable to reach you or the recipient before the expiry of the product, no compensation will be provided.
If you provide permission or tick the ‘Authority to Leave’ checkbox during checkout, we can leave the order in the safest place possible. If we do so, we will not be liable for any damage that may occur after the fact.
The following applies after you have received your order…
PRODUCT QUALITY ISSUES:
We pride ourselves on the attention and care our whole team puts into every order. All of our cakes are hand-iced by our trained and skilled cake decorators. We do our absolute best to meet our customers’ expectations, however there must be an allowance for ‘artistic tolerance’.
We want you to be completely satisfied with everything you purchase from Bluebells Cakery, but know that sometimes, things can go wrong. If that happens, our response will depend on how quickly you are able to inform us:
- Prior to serving/consumption -
- Where possible, we will rectify the issue prior to your event.
- If we are advised of the issue prior to the event but are unable to provide a remedy, then we will consider replacement or offer compensation proportional to the issue.
- We can only offer full compensation if the cake or product can be retained by us and has not been touched, cut or modified in any way.
- During or after serving/consumption - Due to the type of product we sell, we understand that it’s not always possible to inform us until after the fact. Please be aware that –
- We are unable to provide compensation on a cake or product that has been fully consumed. Partial compensation will be considered in regards to design, flavour or cake quality issues and again will be proportional to the issue. Please note, we require either photos or the return of any uneaten portions of the cake or product.
FORCE MAJEURE / LOCKDOWNS:
During lockdowns, we are usually able to continue trade whilst following government mandated procedures. Should Auckland or NZ be moved into a lockdown, or any other event that prevents us from operating occurs, we will liaise with you in regards to what will happen to your order, depending on when it is scheduled for.
All orders that we are unable to fulfil will be cancelled and you will be emailed an online Bluebells voucher for the full, equal value of the original order. We do not give cash refunds.
If your event is cancelled for whatever reason and you would like to cancel or postpone your order, please see our cancellation policy above.
We have taken guidance from the Consumer Guarantees Act for this policy. Our goal is to provide the very best in customer service whilst still acting within the parameters of the Act.
All replacements, credits, refunds and compensation are at the owner’s discretion.